THE SQUARE ONE WRITERS' GUIDES ARE HERE!
GARDEN CITY PARK, NY: Having lectured frequently over the years on the nuts and bolts of the book publishing industry, our publisher Rudy Shur has been surprised to learn two things from those folks who have attended his talks:
1) Most people have no real idea about how things work in the book business
2) Too many of these people are taken advantage of by less-than-honest companies, whose sole aim is to target and exploit this lack of know-how from so many as-yet unpublished writers nationwide.
In an effort to help educate the millions of budding writers out there about the publishing process and the ways authors can become their own best source for expertise, Shur has created the Square One Writers' Guides.
Written by Shur himself, along with a group of other publishing pros who also wish to share their knowledge to a general audience, the Writers' Guides are positioned as follows in the Square One catalog of available titles:
* Shur's How to Publish Your Nonfiction Book ($18.95 USD, ISBN: 978-0-7570-0430-8) is now in a Second Edition and it gives a full and informative "insider's" view of how trade publishing companies actually operate.
* How to Publish Your Children's Book, Second Edition ($19.95 USD, ISBN: 978-0-7570-0409-4) by award-winning writer Liza N. Burby takes a comprehensive look at the children's book industry on all levels
* Dr. Jan Yager, longtime book biz expert from both the traditional and "self-published" models, has created one of the most user-friendly books for writers ever in both her titles How to Self-Publish Your Book ($19.95 USD, ISBN: 978-0-7570-0465-0) and, most recently, How to Promote Your Book ($17.95 USD, ISBN: 978-0-7570-0474-2), which has just been released as an audiobook as well.
And since a large and ever-growing source of book sales happen "outside the bookstore," our new Second Edition of special sales expert Brian Jud's book How to Make Real Money Selling Books ($24.95 USD, ISBN: 978-0-7570-0513-8) is guaranteed to help authors everywhere make the most from their works.
As with all Square One titles, these books are all available through Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Bookshop.org, and/or wherever else books are sold. You can also order from Square One directly by giving us a call at 516-535-2010.